Registration for the Current School Year
Our school also registers new students throughout the school year, however, acceptance depends on classroom availability and area of residence. To register your child, please make an appointment with the school secretary.
If you do not have a Certificate of Eligibility
In order to qualify for English Instruction in Quebec Public Schools, students must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Quebec government.
Visit the EMSB Website for information on eligibility requirements and how to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility.
If you have a Certificate of Eligibility
You must bring the following documents with you to register your child. Originals of these forms can be brought to the school between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm daily:
- 2020-2021 Sinclair laird Registration Form
- Long Version Birth Certificate (showing both parents' names)
- Immigration papers (required if not born in Canada)
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Proof of residence (lease and driver's licence/utility invoice etc.)
Required only if
childwas born outside Quebec
- Citizenship of parent
- Child's most recent report card (for grades 1 to 6)
- Vaccination booklet